Thursday, September 13, 2012

Trip Problem!


My original answer to the trip problem was 80 km/h. I didn't really use any formula for this answer, i just thought that all of the numbers together looked right. I never took into account the time. With the time as well as the speed, I realized that the car has already been traveling for one hour which would mean that the car would need to go faster then the speed of light in order to meet the average. In order to solve this problem you need to take into account the formula velocity = distance/time. Since I never took into account the time I got this problem wrong, but after discussing this in class the correct answer became clear to me and made perfect sense. 
The next time that I am asked a question similar to this, I will be sure to think about all of the aspects of the question, specifically time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment